Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
Take Action with Our Effective Attorneys After a Serious Injury
Spinal cord injuries are serious and often debilitating. These injuries can be devastating to your family, and could impact a victim’s ability to work and to earn an income. If you were involved in an accident that left you with serious spinal cord damage, we encourage you to learn about your legal rights and options as quickly as possible.
Spinal cord damage can occur in a variety of different types of accidents. Men and women under age 65 suffer spinal cord damage most often in highway accidents involving motor vehicles. For seniors, falls are the most common cause of spinal cord injury.
Causes of spinal cord damage include but are not limited to:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Accidents involving dangerous or defective products
- Motor vehicle collisions
- Motorcycle collisions
- Sports injuries / recreational accidents
- Swimming / diving accidents
- Medical malpractice incidents
- Accidents involving unsafe property conditions
- Assault including bullet / stab wounds
- Workplace accidents including construction accidents
- Severe electric shock
Types of Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries are wide and varied, but they are always caused by trauma to the cells in the spinal cord or severance of the nerve tracts in the spinal cord.
Examples of spinal cord injuries include:
- Spinal cord bruising or contusion
- Extreme pressure on the spinal cord causing compression
- Injury to the corticospinal tracts, found in the section of the spinal cord nearest the cervix – this is called “central cord syndrome”
- Laceration of the nerve fibers
Damage to the spinal cord can cause paralysis, or loss of feeling in certain bodily functions. Even the most basic actions, such as breathing and bladder control, can be negatively impacted. Victims may feel severe pain, experience muscle spasms, and develop secondary problems, such as bed sores and infections.
Protect your future. The Nemeroff Law Firm is ready to help you.
If you or a loved one suffered spinal cord damage in an accident, you deserve quality medical care and financial security. Our national personal injury lawyers are here to take care of the legal details so you can focus on recovering.