Pennsylvania Power & Light Company

AKA PPL Corporation and PP&L Corporation, multiple locations, PA

https://stateimpact.npr.org/pennsylvania/2016/08/24/construction-begins-on-sunbury-pipeline/

By Jakec - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=39686146

Jobsite

Pennsylvania Power & Light Company (PPL) is an electricity distributor with operations in Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and the UK.  With a predecessor that operated in Pennsylvania as far back as 1822, PPL has played a significant role in the generation and distribution of energy in Pennsylvania and in other locations.

Address or general location

Multiple locations, including Washingtonville, Shamokin Dam, York Haven, Pottsville, Harrisburg, West Hazleton, Laflin, Berwick, Caldwell and Bangor, PA.

Detail

Pennsylvania Power & Light Company (PPL) can be traced back to Lehigh Coal & Navigation which operated in Pennsylvania beginning in 1822.  Like many other electric companies which formed during the late 1800s, PPL was formed as a result of a merger of 7 utility companies in 1920.  The majority of PPL’s customers were industrial entities, such as those involved in the steel industry.  Over time, PPL began to serve an increasing amount of residential customers.

Throughout its history, PPL has owned and operated power plants throughout Pennsylvania.  PPL owns and operates coal, natural gas, oil and nuclear generating facilities, including the following:

TalenEnergy Martins Creek LLC – Allentown, Front and Linden Street, Allentown, PA.  The facility began operating in 1967.

TalenEnergy Martins Creek LLC – Fishbach, Eagan Street, Pottsville, PA.  The facility began operating in 1969.

TalenEnergy Martins Creek LLC – Harrisburg, Brookwood & 19th Streets, Harrisburg, PA.  The facility began operating in 1967.

TalenEnergy Martins Creek LLC – Harwood, Rt 924, West Hazleton, PA.  The facility began operating in 1967.

TalenEnergy Martins Creek LLC – Jenkins, Village of Laflin, Laflin, PA.  The facility began operating in 1969.

TalenEnergy Martins Creek LLC – Lock Haven, Drakestown Rd & Rt 150, Caldwell, PA.  The facility began operating in 1969.

TalenEnergy Martins Creek LLC – Martins Creek, 6605 Foul Rift Road, Bangor, PA.  The facility began operating in the early 1970s.

TalenEnergy Martin Creek LLC – West Shore, Arconia Road, Camp Hill, PA.  The facility began operating in 1969.

TalenEnergy Martin Creek LLC – Williamsport, Hepburn and Front Streets, PA.  The facility began operating in 1967.

TalenEnergy Susquehanna, 769 Salem Blvd, Berwick, PA.  The facility began operating in the 1980s.

Sunbury Generation Plant,  N Old Trail Rd, Shamokin Dam, PA.  The multi-unit facility began operating in the 1940s.  Expansions occurred in the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s.  Four of the units were retired in 2014.

Brunner Island Plant, York Haven, PA.  The multi-unit facility began operating in the 1960s.

TalenEnergy Montour, Washingtonville, PA.  The facility began operating in the 1970s.

TalenEnergy HW Wallenpaupack, 126 PPL Drive, Hawley, PA.  The facility began operating in the 1920s.

Safe Harbor, 1 Power House Rd, Conestoga, PA.  The multi-unit facility began operating in the 1930s.

John B Rich Memorial Power Station, 81 Eleanor Ave, Frackville, PA.  The facility began operating in the 1980s.

Harrisburg Facility, 1670 S 19th St, Harrisburg, PA.  The facility began operating in the 1980s.

Foster Wheeler Mt Carmel Cogen, Marion Heights Rd & Rt 54, Marion Heights, PA.  The facility began operating in 1990.

Hazleton, 120 Maplewood Drive, Hazleton, PA.  The multi-unit facility began operating in 1989.

Kline Township Cogen Facility, Rt 309 S, McAdoo, PA.  The facility began operating in 1989.

Archbald Power Station, 170 Cogen Rd, Archbald, PA.  The multi-unit facility began operating in the 1980s.

Paxton Creek Cogeneration, 9th & Walnut St, Harrisburg, PA.  The facility began operating in 1986.

Westwood Generation, Tremont, PA.  The facility began operating in 1987.

Viking Energy of Northumberland, 909 Cannery Rd, Northumberland, PA.  The facility began operating in 1988.

Wheelabrator Frackville Energy, 475 Morea Rd, Frackville, PA.  The facility began operating in 1988.

Northampton Generating Company, 1 Horwith Drive, Northampton, PA.  The facility began operating in 1995.

St Nicholas Cogen Project, Hwy 54 E, Twp Rt 851, Shenandoah, PA.  The facility began operating in 1990.