Metropolitan Edison Company

AKA Met-Ed, Multiple locations, PA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Mile_Island_Nuclear_Generating_Station

http://www.power-eng.com/articles/2014/06/portland-generating-station-to-convert-coal-fired-boilers-to-use-diesel-fuel.html

Jobsite

In operation since 1917, Metropolitan Edison Company (“Met-Ed”)  owned and operated several power plants in Pennsylvania, including the famous Three Mile Island facility.  A subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corporation, Met-Ed now serves as an electric transmission and distribution company.

Address or general location

Multiple locations, including Three Mile Island and Portland, PA.

Detail

Metropolitan Edison Company (“Met-Ed”) has played a significant role in Pennsylvania’s energy sector.  Established in 1917, Met-Ed originally operated power plants, such as the Three Mile Island nuclear facility where a nuclear meltdown accident occurred in 1979.  Also, its Portland Power Plant, which operated two coal-fired generating units, was subject to litigation relating to air pollution concerns.

Met-Ed is a subsidiary of FirstEnergy and serves eastern and south-central Pennsylvania.  MetEd is the distributor of electricity for a variety of power plants, including the following:

Hamilton Plant, 100 Mummerts Church Rd, East Berlin, PA.  The facility began operating in 1971.

Hunterstown Plant, 1890 Granite Station Rd, Gettysburg, PA.  The facility began operating in 1971.

Mountain Plant, 1 Mount St, Mount Holly Springs, PA.  The facility began operating in 1972.

Orrtanna Plant, 1745 Knoxlyn-Ortanna Rd, Orrtanna, PA.  The facility began operating in 1971.

Shawnee Plant, Route 209, East Stroudsburg, PA.  The facility began operating in 1972.

York Haven Plant, Locust St & 1 Hydro Park Dr, York Haven, PA.  The hydroelectric facility began operating in 1905.

Portland Plant, 5027 River Rd, Mt Bethel, PA.  The multi-unit facility began operating in the 1950s.  Two units were retired in 2013 and 2014.

Titus Plant, 296 Poplar Neck Rd, Birsboro, PA.  The multi-unit facility began operating in the 1950s.  Three units were retired in 2013.

Tolna Plant, Rte 851, Stewartstown, PA.  The facility began operating in 1972.

P H Glatfelter Plant, 228 S Main St, Spring Grove, PA.  The multi-unit facility began operating in 1948.

Panther Creek Energy Facility, 4 Dennison Rd, Nasquehoning, PA.  The multi-unit facility began operating in the 1992.

York Generation, 351 Memory Ln, York, PA.  The facility began operating in the late 1980s.